46 percent of Millennials left their last job due to lack of career growth. (According to: inc.com)
Your CV layout 2016 should appear clean and organized, without the blunders in grammar and spelling and without the clusters of a bad layout. In today’s post, you can learn of the common mistakes in the layout and format of your resume that can’t afford to make. Read on and learn.
Resume Writing 2016-2017 Mistakes
- Poor objective statement: When writing a CV, avoid being ambiguous, but be specific to show your best assets. Do not use vague statements, especially in the objective section. You should write based on the type of position you are applying as well as based on the requirement posted in the job announcement.
- Vague resume: Some applicants submit the same document across all job applications, but this may not work. You should not submit the same output to different applications, as each of them have specific requirements. To increase your chances of being hired, make sure that you are not using the same CV for all jobs you are applying for, but customize each based on the job requirements.
- Lack of focus: One of the top resume writing 2016-2017 tips is to avoid lack of focus in your document. Concentrate and write your most significant achievements that can set you apart from the rest of the applicants. This will show how you are unique to other applicants vying for the same position. For example, you are applying as a customer service staff. Do not just write that you handled calls and attended to customer complaints, but you have to mention that you were able to handle 200 calls a day and resolve 100 complaints or so, meaning you should be able to back your claims up to show that you’re worth inviting for an interview.
- Mixing formats: While you may be planning to use a combination CV as a way on how to write a resume 2016, be careful not to shift from one format to another right away. When transitioning, you should see to it that you are doing it in a fluid manner that does not confuse but help the reader understand your point easily. Using the right resume format 2016 is essential if you want to get hired.
- Irrelevant information: Even if you are looking to include some impressive skills in your resume, you may not get the most of them if they do not support your current application. This is one of the CV blunders that some people commit when writing their sample CV 2017. You should include the most relevant and updated information about your knowledge and skills in the field.
- Too lengthy: Avoid writing a very long CV that will not only bore the reader but will turn him off. You should keep your CV to only two pages as the longest.
There you have our list on the most common CV writing mistakes that people commit when creating their sample CV 2017. Avoid them and do well in your next job application. If you need extra inspiration in order to understand how to compose a proper resume, have a look at our resume samples 2016. Finally, ensure that you proofread and edit it to avoid grammar and spelling mistakes, too.
Learn what these KSA writing services are great about!
Learn more about resume writing 2016-2017 trends here!
Image credit: blogsizzle.com