40% of job seekers search for jobs at work (be careful). (According to: workwriteresumes.com)
Formatting a CV is one of the most crucial parts of CV writing because it entails getting the most of your application by not merely sending it out but making each one of them work to achieve its purpose of winning you an interview. To start right, check out the following for the latest resume format 2016-2017.
Best Resume Format for 2016
If you’re looking to apply for a new job in the coming year of 2016, there are some factors to consider and apply in your CV. You can beat all other applicants, not only by showing off the knowledge and skills you have but also by making your document the calling card, that wins you a contact from the potential employer.
- Personal information with your full name, email address and mobile number
- Career summary
- Educational background
- Work experience
Resume 2016 Format Tips
- The white space: You should know that white spaces are important in writing CV template 2017 because they make it easy for the employer to read your document. Make sure that each side of your CV is at one inch of margin because your CV may not be printed properly if they have smaller margins. Do not make a chaotically formatted resume by making sure that every side of it is margined correctly.
- The empty fields: Do not leave the empty fields out, but make sure that each is filled up with important information required. One secret is to select a CV template 2017 style or format that is based on your level and your purpose. In this case, you will avoid leaving empty fields in your application. You should maximize and utilize every available important space to stand out in your application.
- The spell check: To make your CV work for and not against you, ensure that you grammar and spell check it so that you can submit a very impressive document that can show off your knowledge and skills in the field. Do not ruin these with an erroneous resume that contains too many flaws in grammar and spelling. Therefore, you should devote enough time in editing and proofreading your CV in order to ensure that you can submit an error-free job application and that you can avoid turning off a possible job opportunity.
- The layout: Make sure to use a professional format and layout that is very easy to read and scan. You should also use the right font style and size, including Arial, Times New Roman, Calibri and with size 12.
- The fluff: Ditch the fluff and write only what is necessary, meaning you should avoid including those job experiences aren’t related to this application. This will help you cut out the fluff that will just waste important space.
Best Resume Format for 2016
There you have the tips to know and apply in your resume to make your next job application work for and not against you. For extra inspiration check the best resume examples 2016. If you would like to do well, you should ensure that you format and layout your resume properly, cutting out the fluff, using the right font style and size and editing your CV.
Write the best resume format for 2016-2017 today!
Image credit: designinstruct.com