What are the best resume writing tips 2016? To stand out from the crowd, there are certain things to look into consideration so that you will be able to catch the attention of employers, who would be interested in inviting you in for an interview. Don’t miss out the tips you’re about to learn below and do well in your next job application.
Resume Tips for 2017
- Format your resume 2016 smartly and make it work for the eyes of the employers. Do not make it hard to employers to understand and see you as a good fit in the position by doing well in your resume with a very professional format. No matter how you are experienced and a seasoned worker in your field, don’t miss out the fact that your first purpose is to make the employer see your worth or your value. Capture the attention of the potential employer in 25 seconds! Use wide margins and clean type all your headings. Apply bold, italics and bullets when needed.
- One of the most important 2017 resume tips is to identify and list down prominent accomplishments you have had in the field. Do not just describe your job description but also help the employer understand how well you are doing in your field. Let them know about what you can offer and bring to the table if they would hire you. Some tips:
- Concentrate in including what you did well in your job.
- Show them the benefits of having you in their team with what you did.
- You should list down the accomplishments that are unique to you.
- Do not write generic job descriptions. They don’t work well and do not show your unique best assets.
- Get ready with some data and facts. Do not just list down your accomplishments and write this and that. Be able to show your performance by listing down evidence and proofs with some statistics on sales and conversions for instance. You should highlight your specific achievements to show a clear picture of your value for the position. You should not be afraid of quantifying your accomplishments so that you can boost your credibility and your value proposition.
- Tailor your resume, one of the best resume tips for 2017 that you have to know. Do not send out generic, similar resumes to different employers. If you want to stand out from the crowd, list down those things that make you different from them by tailoring your resume based on the specific job application you are sending out.
- Write a career summary and not an objective. This is one of the latest resume trends to understand for this year that will make the big difference in your application. By replacing your career objective with a summary, you will be able to highlight your core competencies that will give an employer a clear picture of how and what you are in the industry.
Start Right with the Resume Tips 2016-2017
There you have some of the best tips to remember when writing your resume according to the latest trends in the resume writing industry. Do well in your next job application by looking into and considering applying these things when writing your 2016 resume.
Resume tips for 2016-2017 are the best help for writing a good CV!
Image credit: visualoop.com, marlowandkurtz.com, manasmdk.com