Your resume has a better than 98 percent chance of ending up in the garbage can (real or virtual). (According to: more.com)
You might be looking to apply for a new job the coming year and now you’re trying to find good professional resume 2016 tips to help you with your application. Check out the following for the latest trends in resume for 2016:
Tips for Professional Resume 2016-2017
- Ditch the silly fonts and colored texts. Do not try to be creative or artistic using fancy fonts and text styles. Your CV is not the place for it. Stick with professional-looking fonts, such as Arial and Times New Roman. You should also use 12 size of a font. Use legal size paper for your document and keep each side at a one-inch margin.
- Keep the dates at the right side of the page so that the potential employer can easily see this section, which includes dates for your work experience and educational background. When organizing the dates, make sure that the latest is listed first followed by the succeeding ones.
- You can make use of tables when needed to display your expertise or accomplishments. You don’t have to hesitate to use tables in your resume if they are considered very important. The same applies to graphs and charts. Visual elements like these can also be used in highlighting your core competencies, but make sure that they are really needed.
- According to professional resume services, you should also cut the fluff, but make use of space wisely. Remember, your CV should only be two pages at most. An employer won’t spend too long reading a lengthy resume. Therefore, you should grab his attention with a meaty resume that lets him see what he is looking for at a glance.
When choosing experiences to include, use only those that are highly relevant to the job you are applying for and avoid listing all those experiences you have especially if they are too many. Choose only those that you think would help you give the employer a good idea of what you can do for the company in case he chooses to hire you.
- Look into typos and grammar errors. Small things like a slight misspelling can leave a bad impression to the employer. To avoid grammar mistakes, make sure to allot enough time in writing your CV to avoid sending it instantly once you are done writing it. In order to ensure that it contains no English mistake, read and edit it a couple of times. You may also ask help from friends and family members to read and give their opinion on your CV format 2017.
- Avoid ambiguous writing. When claiming something, you should be able to back it up. For instance, you mentioned you are an effective salesperson. What makes you one? You can quantify this claim with some facts or figures. How did you help in increasing the sales of your company? What were the accomplishments to prove that you were an effective salesperson?
- Make sure that you are writing updated contact information. For instance, include the email address you are using when applying or that one that you frequently use.
Professional Resume 2016-2017
There you have the secrets to making it right in your resume. Follow them and see the results you are looking for. To get inspired you can also review the best resume templates 2016. Remember, your resume is your calling card, so make sure that it generates you the contact for an interview you are aspiring for.
Follow these tips and become successful in job hunting with your professional resume 2016-2017!
Image credit: onresume.xyz, pinterest.com, ashleynye.co.uk