94 percent of sales professionals say that base salary is the most important element of their compensation plan. (According to: inc.com)
The CV format 2017 serves as your advertisement and the purpose of it is to give readers either recruitment consultant or employer a positive and interesting information about your abilities and skills. Your resume must contain details that help you to secure an interview.
What Resume Should Include and Not
It is important to know the best resume template to use in your CV, but it is also essential to know what your resume should include and what is not. Basically, it have 4 sections which include complete name, contact number, education, work history as well as any additional experience or skills, computer skills, training undertake, professional associations and languages spoken.
The CV format 2017 must contain factual details. It must not contain any opinions. Any person who will read your resume wants to see proof of your skills that is why you need to describe your skills by writing achievements, responsibilitiesб and achievements.
In addition, personal interests should not be included in your resume because it will be irrelevant to the position you are applying for and just make inaccurate impression. The exception only is if your personal interest will suit the role you’re applying. For instance, if you are applying for a sales assistant position in sports store, then you have interest in watching or playing sports, it is nice to include it. In writing the resume, you need to stick with facts and not on opinions. You need to think what are relevant and what are not to the position you are seeking.
Check out latest resume format 2016 and create one for yourself!
Things Not to Include in Your Resume
- Objective: If you are applying for a job, it is obvious that you want it that is why writing objective is not advisable. The exception is for persons changing industries.
- Irrelevant work experience: You only need to include experiences that will match the position you are applying for. Past work experience that is irrelevant to the job will not show your ability, skill, and others. You just include the experiences you have that showcase your skills.
- Personal stuff: Do not include marital status, social security number as well as religious preference. This may be important in the past, but not today.
- Hobbies: Employers do not care about out of work hobbies. If it is not relevant to the job, then it will only waste the space and the time of the company.
- Blatant lies: Never lie! If you want to get an interview, you need to write only the truth. The potential employer will know soon if you are just lying or not.
- Age: If you do not want to be discriminated for the position you are applying for because of your age, you can remove the graduation date. There are professionals that said that not including the age is okay as long as the company or employer does not require it.
- Too much text: If you used 0.5 margins and 8 font size, then your resume will contain lots of information. The font size you choose is not readable. The ideal font size is 12 and the margin must be one inch in all sides. It is recommended to have many whitespace.
- Time off: If took time off in raising a family or travelling, then do not include it in your resume. Including it is not appropriate in your professional resume, especially if you are applying for a job.
- References: If the employers want to talk ещ your references, they ask for it, but if not; then do not include it. In some instances, references are important part of the resume, but if it is not suggested; you should never write it.
- Inconsistent formatting: The CV format 2017 is as essential with its content. The best format will allow the readers to easily read your resume and will easily know your career goals and qualifications. If you choose a format, stick with it. You need to use the format throughout your resume.
- Personal pronouns: The resume should not include words such as “me”, “my”, “she” or “I”. Avoid writing your resume in first or third person. It is understood that your resume is about you as well as your experiences.
- Present tense for past job: You should never describe your past work experience with the use of present tense. Keep in mind that current job should only be written in present tense.
- Less professional email address: If you are still using your old email address, then you need to change it. Changing your email will only take one to two minutes and it is completely free.
- Any obvious and unnecessary words: There is no use or reason in writing unnecessary words. You should not include the word “phone” because it is obvious that it is your phone number. This will also apply to your email address.
Learn 3 items about PAR resume you didn’t know before!
Perfect Resume Examples 2017: Check It Out
- Academic resume: This example of resume will give you what sections to include in your resume. It is simple to follow and will help you to get started.
- Great resume: This resume sample will give you enough reference on how to write your resume that is why you need to check it out. If you do not want to have hard time writing, this sample will be your help.
- Professional resume: It is not easy to write a resume, but with the help of the example; you have easy task. It will show what a resume should look like.
- Sample resume: This is a great sample and you can check it to know if the format or structure is also perfect for you.
- Simple resume: Check out this sample to know how you will write your resume.
If you want to know how to write a resume that is trending and you never seen before, you need to read this page. The page helps you to know what you need to include and what you should not. You are also lucky because you are provided with samples that you can check out to get started.
Refer to this guide for perfect resume examples 2017 today!
Image credit: professionalusesofsocialmedia.wordpress.com, barresx.dvrlists.com, buzzfeed.com, techpp.com