It does not matter what kind of position you are looking for 2016 because what matter is that you craft a magnificent resume. You need to let the employers know more information about you. You should not lose the chance to present a competitive resume.
Find out what are the best resume formats 2016!
Resume Trends 2016-2017: Best Choices
- Get in and get out, tell your story: You need to make sure that you do not waste the space in your paper. If you want your resume to read by potential employers, then you need to use bold titles for your main points. In your resume, you need to use tweet-sized and short sentences in writing your key accomplishments, facts and branding statements. For critical details, write it.
- Be a ruthless editor: You can make a master resume by editing your paper. You need to go back to it when you are done in writing. You need to become a ruthless editor so that you will know what you should include and what you should not. You need to evaluate each word and each sentence and see who you can make it concise and shorter. Put away that information that you do not need.
- Write for skimmers or scanners: Write for skimmers and scanners. With this, you need to begin with a good headline that provides the most critical details and facts. After it, you need to fill in the not-so-critical information. You need to begin with branding statement as well as answer the question “why they should care?” Using a career summary or profile summary is a history that is why it is better to include a personal brand snapshot. Make sure that you provide your readers worthy information by using effective and short statements.
- Use formula in helping fleshing out story: In writing the resume, applicants are using SAR or CAR statements. Sometimes, they also use PARI acronym People are sharing situation, problem or challenge. They also give the result and this is what you need to do in your resume. You need to give the best statements that readers want to know. Make sure that you always remember to keep it short. For SAR statement, here is an example. Company operated at loss of $560,000 in 2013.
- Pictures win: 90% of details transmitted to brain are visual. Visuals processed 60,000 times faster in brain compared to text. 40% of persons will respond to the visual details than plain text that is why in writing your resume example 2017, you can use charts, visual presentations and graphs in sharing content to employers or hiring managers. If it is quantifiable, you can make a visual in communicating it.
- Personal branding: Your personal branding can be communicated by not only using words, but by images and pictures. Take note that colors have meanings when it comes to personal brand. It is important that you know your personal brand color and you can use it in writing your resume.
- Bite-sized sentences: In Twitter, there is certain character limit. In your resume, you are also forced to make the information sweet and short. Writing tweet sized sentences in your resume is a good strategy. This is one of the best trends that you need to adapt. You need to know how you can limit your sentences or to make it short.
- Money: You need to show how you made, generated, contributed, helped or saved someone. A good sample for direct contributor is presenting actions that have impact. You need to find connection of dollars and then share it.
- Infographic resumes: Using infographic resumes become one of the latest CV trends and its popularity is growing. If you do not believe it, then you can make a search online. There are many sites that give you the chance to design your own infographic resume such as Venngage, Visually, Visme, easel.ly and others. On the other hand, there are essential points that you need to know about it. Take note that it is not for each position or industry. The infographic works well for industries such as technology, sales, marketing, telecom, graphic design or social media.
- Goodbye ATS: The use of ATS or applicant tracking software will depend on you. Hiring managers discover that software systems are great in scanning keywords on CV but it is no great at loyalty, hard work, discerning talent and others.
Read about latest resume format to be in trand!
Evolution of Resume
Knowing new resume trends 2016-2017 is important, but you also need to know the last resume trends because it will help you.
Then: Resumes have more text, which waste the valuable space. If before, you give more information by using small font and by using paragraphs, then it is not the case today because the process of writing the CV is evolving and changing.
Now: Resumes become company centered and it has condensed details by using bullet lists. Resumes are focused on keywords that related to industries and specific jobs. It becomes more innovative.
- Adding objective: This should not be used in resume today because employers want to know more about you. You can write professional summary instead of objective. You must avoid writing an objective section in your resume example 2017 unless it is needed.
- Adding references upon request: Even though this is standard format, it will only waste the space on your paper. Employers already know that applicants will create references upon request.
- Adding graduation date: There is no need to tell your age to whole world. Unless you are a fresh graduate and want to demonstrate that you are looking for entry level job, then leave year off of the resume.
There you have the latest and last resume trends that you need to know in writing your resume example 2017. Make sure that you know what to include, what format to use and others so that you can present an effective and magnificent resume. Do not waste the time of the employer by reading your resume. Make sure that you give the best details and follow the latest trends for your paper to be impressive and interesting.
Refer to this guide for the last resume trends 2016-2017 today!
Image credit: www.pinterest.com, wplift.com, www.designworklife.com, www.pinterest.com