Only 7% of job applicants get an employee referral, yet referrals account for 40% of all hires! (According to: themuse.com)
A clear and concise structure is an important component of a resume because you need to tell what you have. The structure will enable your readers to navigate quickly as well as find crucial details about you. For best resume layout 2017, check this out!
Best Resume Layout: The Definitive Guide
Clear and strong headline: To have the best resume layout 2017, you should tell your readers what they need to know. You need to be concise and clear. Do not let the readers guess because they do not want to waste their time. A clear and strong headline will get the attention of the potential employer. If you do not want to waste the time of your readers, start it with an effective headline.
Building powerful summary: This is your key to your resume that is why you have to tell to readers who you are. You need to show what makes you stand out compared to other applicants. You have to focus on writing your differentiators. You need to write the things you have that are better than others. You can start it by writing a powerful summary.
Make sure that you avoid those soft skills because you need to concentrate on your abilities. In addition, you also need to ensure that you have impressive credentials. If you have magnificent MBA from Stanford, then you have to include it in your resume.
Include list of competencies: Do not go overboard because a font of 12 is a good number. Higher number can overkill. One more thing is that you should pick your skills that are most demand and valuable. Searching for job postings will help you a lot.
Also, if you have the hands of a technical expert, it is better to write it on the first page of your CV example 2017. If you are more senior, it is better to present your skills on end of your resume.
Professional experience: There is a difference between too little and too much detail. Do not overwhelm your readers, but provide enough information about duties and responsibilities for the reader to have a clear context of your accomplishments. You need to quantify and be sure that you include numbers for your achievements. Numbers make your resume memorable and concrete.
Education & training: This section must be straightforward. It is essential to keep your format consistent and clear. You also need to give professional training that will demonstrate both your skills and your commitment to advancement and growth.
Logic and Consecution of Resume
The order, as well as the content of the CV example 2017, does not need to be the same. There are formats that applicants must follow. To know the sequence of the resume 2016, here is what you need to check out.
- Complete name: In here, you have to use the form of your name that is the same on academic records. You need to use your complete name to avoid confusion. If you use your nickname or middle name, you should emphasize it like Donna Smith (Don) or James (Jay) R. Bradley.
- Phone numbers: If you are using a cell number, you have to place it under or beside your name. You can also list it together with your mailing addresses.
- Email address: You can write this under your name, depending on the heading layout you will use. It is better to set up email address with the use of your complete name. For some applicants, they are using Gmail address.
- Mailing address: For undergraduate students, they are giving both their permanent and college addresses. Doing this will let the employer know where to contact you.
- Objective: The objective will let the employer know the type of work you’re currently pursuing. Your resume must be designed in a way that will support your objective. You need to state your objective concisely and simply. It does not need to be a long statement. For job search, do not make the employer guess. You should avoid the objectives that state your abilities and skills without being specific.C
- Education: The education section must be the next section you write after your objective statement. Your education section must be current and will write your significant accomplishment. The education must be related to the objective. Even though your major is not tied to the objective, it is important to let the employer know the degree that you finished. Here, you have to include the degrees, program, major, minor and option. You also need to include the name of the institution such as city, town, and state.
Also, check out our perfect resume examples to get some inspiration!
Resume Layout Samples: Best Samples
- Professional resume: This resume will be your help to know the best layout you can use. It is easy to follow and you will easily understand it.
- Good sample resume: This CV example 2017 is a good reference to start writing your resume. It helps you to know what sections you have to include and what you should not in your paper.
- Elegant resume: This will serve as your help to easily understand how you should write your resume. It is simple to follow.
- Best resume: This sample is your help to start writing your resume. It contains sections and some information you need to have in your resume. It will exactly show what you must do.
- Traditional resume: This resume sample will guide you to get started right away. It contains sections that you should include in your resume.
Knowing the best layout for a resume 2017 that you will use is important. If you do not want to make mistakes, it is important that you have a guide. Samples and layout above will help you to get started. With it, you can avoid making mistakes and you can complete writing your resume in a short period of time. Finally, this page will help you on what sections your resume must have and some tips that you need to include.
Refer to this guide for the best resume layout 2017 today!
Image credit: inspirationfeed.com, pinterest.com, hydrasocialmedia.com, pinterest.com