Your career summary should be no more than 3-5 lines. (According to: workplacelit4adults.wordpress.com)
PAR is the standard for writing the resume and PAR will prepare you to get an interview. PAR resume 2017 is known as a problem, action, and result format. It is good to use to showcase accomplishments. The fact is that it is also called as CAR or challenge, action, and result.
PAR Resume Examples
PAR statement for resume is also referred as accomplishment statements. You will describe a problem, your actions that you undertake as well as result of action. PAR statement will reflect your abilities and skills. It is a validation of experience and by using the statement; it will give the employer the idea of your contributions.
Old style resume: For resume PAR old, it is list of your job responsibilities and duties. Basically, it is about job description and the detail will tell the potential employer of what you are doing and it is not how you did.
Today’s resume: If you check out PAR resume examples, you will know that it is about lists of achievements and accomplishments. It is about a track record that will tell the employers about real contributions you made for hiring manager.
If you want to use PAR format, then your resume will automatically answer interviewer’s objective. You need to answer the question “why should the employer believe that you can do whatever you will say?” By using PAR resume 2017, it should strongly demonstrate that you can make big contributions to the needs of the employer like by helping in making money or saving money.
Find out about last resume trends right now!
Anatomy of PAR Accomplishment
- Problem: This is also called as challenge and it summarize the challenge, problem or background. For instance, “during company move”, “within pressured time frames”, “while company staffing level at 45%, “took additional duties at the same time maintain workload.” For instance, one of the hard decisions I had as VP IT was about outsourcing systems. The consulting firm needs to show that it must save the company lots of money; however, the individuals were resistant for the reason that they feared job losses and system problems. To address my concerns, I did these things: (mention what you have done).
- Action: In here, it will tell what you did as well as inform about your personal strengths that will enable you in taking action. The key for this is to use action verbs that are strong and specific. For example, I developed a plan calling for outsourcing firm to employ all existing staff for first 6 months as well as to give enough severance packages to all employees that lost their jobs. Another example is that my plan is about service concerns about service levels which include response times for penalties, system outages for the falling short. Another example is that I convinced the key staffers that the move was critical to keep the company globally competitive and if we did not take the step, we will lose the jobs we have.
- Result: You need to show business impact of all your actions. In here, you need to include key measurable, contributions and deliverables. You need to describe it based on the point of view of employers. In some cases, it is better to nail down results. There are lots of resumes by making a mistake in stating results from employer’s POV or point of view. For example, I made a decision in moving forward. By the first year, we did not only see the costs go down, but the systems performed better. As of now, it is one of the great business decisions I have made. Another example is that the time I was promoted to manager for ABS company, it was making money; however, it was not growing.
Do not be intimidated with PAR format: If you are not used to use the PAR format, then do not be intimidated with it.
By using the PAR statements, you need to quantify it because it will make your resume be the best. In building your CV format 2017 from scratch, you need to think of some things you must present.
- Internal systems or processes that you improved or redesigned
- Work you are proud of
- Money that you saved the client or company
- Special projects that you worked in
- New systems, processes or programs that you implemented or designed
- Recognitions or awards you won
Note: If you found something, you have potential statement to prepare for your resume. The next thing you need to do is to structure your PAR in this way
- Define challenge or problem situation
- Tell about the action you have taken
- What are the obstacles that required in overcoming it
- Tell about the result and how it benefited the company
- What are the skills you used in taking the action of the problem
Note: After learning what you need to do, you need to put all together in a concise statement. The time you done in preparing your PAR statement, then here is a good checklist to know if it is complete or not.
- Is it specific?
- Is it measurable or quantified?
- Is it realistic?
- Does it mention time frames?
Note: In your PAR statements, you need to use action words. It is important that you make it concise as much as possible. Do not forget to include the essential elements to impress your prospective employer. The statements are great way in putting achievements to perspective and it must help to boost your confidence and to give your CV format 2017 a chance to stand out from the crowd.
Check out cool resume sample 2016 to get some inspiration!
There you have the things you must know in writing the PAR resume 2017 or statements. Make sure that you do well in writing so that it will be remembered by the hiring manager or employer. Finally, writing the PAR is not easy and you need enough time. If you still do not know enough information about the resume, you need to read the page. Do not waste your valuable time in writing your resume because time is gold.
Refer to this guide for the PAR resume 2017 today!
Image credit: www.slideshare.net, cv29.dvrlists.com, resumesamples301.dvrlists.com, ajacquessonjanssen.wordpress.com