LinkedIn has 238 million members worldwide. (According to: workwriteresumes.com)
What does the best resume 2016 include? If you want to stand out from the crowd and capture the attention of an employer in the first 20 seconds of reading your application, there are the 10 secret techniques that make other job seekers more successful than you are. If you’re ready, check out the following and apply them when writing your next CV samples 2017.
Best Resumes 2016-2017: What Makes Them Good?
- They are designed to capture the attention of the hiring manager, explaining every single detail they want to know about their applicants in a glance. In this case, you should remember of making your application very readable and scannable, giving them the chance to grab the information that they are looking for in the first few seconds of reading your application.
- The best resume 2016 present skill sets specifically, not ambiguously, meaning these resumes are able to catch the attention of the recruitment specialists or hiring managers without them having to guess what an applicant meant by saying this and that.
- They contain industry-related buzz words that highlight an employee’s knowledge and skills in the field, meaning these resumes contain important words related to the field, describing your best assets and your value to the employer reading your resume. Grab the attention of an employer by doing well in your resume through the use of action words that best describe your skills and expertise in the industry.
- Because these resumes contain keywords, they work well, especially when uploaded on electronic databases including LinkedIn and other job boards. You can do well in your application if you would make your resume visible on search engines, and that begins by including the right words in your resume.
- CV samples 2017 contain the best key statements. For this, you can use the career summary element as one of the headings in your resume. According to experts, this will help you bring out your point, showing your worth to the employer by highlighting your core competencies and skills in the career summary section of your application.
- List down your accomplishments, but be able to back them up to show your credibility and expertise in the field. You should be able to support these claims with figures or numbers that will quantify these claims.
- Show your credibility by proofreading or editing your work for any grammar and spelling mistakes. You will be able to show off not only your expertise in the industry, but you can display that you are trustworthy even in small tasks, such as ensuring your resume is free from the blunders of grammar mistakes.
- Do not write down every single accomplishment you have, but only those that are related to this application. As much as possible, list those that will answer the needs or requirements of the employer in the job posting.
- The best resumes 2016 also are short and not more than two pages.
- They do not list down personal information that is not relevant to the application, and some examples of these include hobbies, which do not make sense to the current job application.
- The best resume 2016 contains only professional formatting, uses only formal font style and size (Times New Roman, Calibri or Arial; size 12).
Best Resumes 2016 That Stand Out
Follow these resume writing tips 2016 and do well in your job application. Most importantly, make sure that each resume you send out is based on the specific job posting and that each of them is edited or proofread well for the best results.
Our best resumes 2016 will encourage you to write a powerful CV!
Image credit: jobisjob.co.uk, chic-type.com, esterliquori.deviantart.com